Built by CFMF of France for wagon leasing company STS (later VTG), the 50 PCA bulk cement wagons of the PC017B design diagram began entering service in 1982. A further batch of 15 wagons was manufactured in 1985 by another French firm, Fauvet-Girel, and assigned the PC017C design code.
Companies such as Blue Circle and Rugby Cement have leased these vehicles during their time in traffic. Currently, the entire fleet is leased to Hanson Cement (previously Castle Cement).
Numbers: STS 74031, STS 74035, STS 74039
- Pack of Three Wagons each with individual numbers and detailing
- Individual lettering, logos and codes from real wagons for total authenticity
- NEM Standard Flexible Coupler Pockets
- NEM Narrow Tension Lock Couplers Provided
- RP25.110 darkened profile wheelsets with 14.4mm back to backs, and 26mm over pinpoints
- Metal 3-hole disc wagon wheels on metal axles – 12.6mm
- Designed for easy conversion to P4 and EM
- Etched Steel factory fitted detailing, ladders and walkways
- Extra fine factory fitted detail plastic parts
- Extra fine factory fitted Pipework
- Metal, fully sprung scale buffers
- Added weight for NEM Standard 25g per Axle